Scholarships, 奖助金 & 贷款
Five out of six SUNY Plattsburgh students receive some form of financial aid. 援助 is offered from federal, state, institutional and private programs.
- Scholarships typically are financial support based on academic merit or other criteria defined by the donor. Sometimes called “gift aid” scholarships usually do not have to be 偿还. Qualifications often must be met for a recipient to receive a scholarship offer and, if renewable, renew the award. Learn more about our scholarship programs.
- 奖助金 typically are support based on financial need or other criteria defined by the donor. 奖助金 usually do not have to be 偿还. Qualifications often must be met for a recipient to receive a grant and a new application might need to be filed each year (such as the annual FAFSA and TAP applications). Learn more about grant programs.
- 贷款 are money that is borrowed to help pay college costs with the expectation that you will repay that money (usually with interest charged) in the future. Most types of loans can be 偿还 once a student ceases attending college on at least a halftime 基础. Interest rates and fees charged will vary by loan type, so it is important to re搜索 your loan options.
More Financial 援助 资源
- 研究生 students — Explore financial aid for matriculated graduate students attending at least half-time in aid-eligible degree or certificate programs.
- 退伍军人, Learn about educational assistance programs available for eligible veterans and eligible dependents of veterans.
- International students — Find out about scholarships for international students.
- Current students — Earn money for college and boost your resume with a work-study or student job.